Friday 7 January 2011

{Day 7} ~ Quiet Beauty

Prompt for Day 7 for Picture Winter: "Quiet Beauty"


This shot was taken earlier this week, when I finally managed to get some frosty shots. I had wanted to do that for ages but there weren't many frosty mornings and when there was one, I didn't have my camera with me.

I absolutely love winter, the soft pastel colours of winter, the world all covered in snow. The withered flora looks so interesting and beautiful if you care to look more closely and when it's covered in frost, well, that's just magical.

I used several layers to bring out the purple/lilac shades of the light that morning and to give it that "frozen" feeling. My own title for this was "Frozen in Time", but I think that the prompt "Quiet Beauty" fits equally well.

My, I couldn't live in a country with no winter! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment