Friday 28 October 2011

Autumn fire

There's this glorious tree in my street. A wonderful, bright red, looking like it's on fire. I had wanted to take pictures of it on Monday, but completely forgot and didn't remember until it was already dark. Luckily, we didn't have any bad weather this week, and today I made sure to take pictures.


I found these great story board templates at Paint the Moon Photography. They were freebies, but there's some other great stuff too in the shop that's very tempting. These templates are actually not so difficult to do yourself. It just takes a bit of work to do them, but once you've got your templates, you can just use them again and again. But it's also nice to use some that someone else took the trouble to create from time to time ;)


I especially like the first one, because of the transparent background, as it blends in so nicely with whatever colour you have for your blog background. I'm sure there's a way to change the colour of the background in the second one, and I'm sure I've done it before. I just don't have the patience to figure it out right now.

I'm just so fascinated by the colours outside at the moment, and all the leaves everywhere. I'm always picking up leaves at the moment, everywhere I go. Red ones, yellow ones, orange ones, in all shapes and sizes. All my notebooks are full of dried leaves :). And I've spent all morning painting them. Watercolours are just perfect for it! 

2 comments:

  1. WOW - My whole room suddenly went bright red!! What a fabulous tree, and beautifully presented. I think I've got some of those templates - never used them. Probably because it looks like so much effort. Well done you for making the effort - definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colours! Thank you for your insparation! As you know i'm just in the beginning of taking photos of nature. Maybe autumn is the most inspiring season to take photos, even if it's bad weather ;-)
    I'm glad I found your blog! Thank you! /Åsa

    ReplyDelete