Thursday 1 November 2012

It's Art Every Day Month again

November is Art Every Day Month, the challenge hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas from Creative Every Day blog. I took part last year and really enjoyed it, both to force myself to do something every day and the community. I thought I had to give it a miss this years, as November was already filled with plans, which did not really include blogging, or even sketching. But thanks to life being bitchy, it's going to be a lot less eventful month, I'm afraid. And so, with some more time on my hands, I'm joining after all. After all, it's a good way to keep oneself busy.

I know I won't be able to post every day, but I definitely intend to be creative every day. I've dug out my abanondend little Moleskine sketchbook this morning, and my intention is to fill a page each day. I am so impressed by Serena Lewis' terrific sketches for Blogtoberfest and the 75 penk/ink sketch challenge, and they have inspired me try and do a sketch each day for this year's AEDM. Although not necessarily only pen or ink. I do like my pencils (and eraser) and a splash of colour.

1/11/2012 ~ AEDM Day 1: Ginkgo


There's a wonderful big old Ginkgo tree (just getting the spelling right is a little challenge in itself!) outside my window at work. Now, in autumn, it's beautifully shaped leaves are bright yellow, and the ground's already covered with them. As well as with its, or rather her, seeds, as there are actually both male and female trees with only the females producing seeds that look like little fruits. I picked up some of the leaves and seeds for this lunch-time sketch this mornin, but I think I'll add a little bit of colour later this evening.

9 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful tree and your sketches will become a wonderful memory of it when the leaves are all gone.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see that you participate in the AEDM this year too. I hope everything is ok with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginkgo are my very favorite leaves. They have such remarkable texture. You catch it beautifully in your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout-out, Kay...I'm so happy to hear my sketches inspired you to do daily sketches for November too.

    A Gingko tree...how wonderful!! I love your page and the layout of all the elements. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am already regretting not taking part this year but there just aren't enough hours in the day... like that i get the bonus of a lot more of your work though...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ginko leaves - I have a necklace and several stamps with them. Thanks for sharing, and good luck with the challenge.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete